Words with ghosts
Words with ghosts is a new sub-game within Ghost Trappers.
How it works
Emma Walder is the chief librarian for S.C.O.T.C.H. You can always find her on the 11th floor of S.C.O.T.C.H. HQ.
Her challenge to you: Spell out the letters, in order, using the first letter of ghost names to complete a word she gives you, and earn 80 Diviad points.
Which catches count?
Only non-raid, non-monster ghosts and aliens can be used to find a letter to complete the word (normal, midnight, special, secret ghosts all count).
Only catches of those ghosts and aliens that also activate the scribe stat will actually count towards the word.
Ghost lists for Words with ghosts has tables that can be sorted by location for each letter of the alphabet. (Click on the arrow next to the Location header to start). Sorted-by-location tables show ghosts that can be found in all non-raiding locations, followed by aliens in England, and then ghosts found in each region and location in Virtual Scotland, from Castle McCloud to Greymalkin castle.
Things to note
- Scribe has a chance to activate on hunts you start yourself, on friend-led hunts, and on auto-hunts.
- The scribe stat must activate for a letter to count.
- Only the first letter of a ghost's name counts.
- The letters for the word must be completed in the correct order.
- There is no time limit to complete a word, however, you may abandon a word at any time if you need to.
Get a new word
A new word becomes available at 2:30pm GMT every day.
Scribe doesn't always work
As the sectionhead says, scribe doesn't always activate — sometimes you have to catch a ghost beginning with the correct letter more than once before you get credit for it. Bring patience!
- 5 June 2013: Words with ghosts was added to Ghost Trappers.
- 2 July 2013: You are no longer limited to one joker card per word in Words with ghosts.
- 28 January 2014: Aliens now also can be activated to count as a letter in Words with ghosts.
You might also be interested in looking at: