Special event locations
Special event locations appear in Virtual Scotland at times determined by the developers of Ghost Trappers.
All special event locations feature:
- special ghosts;
- special prizes and loot; and
Known special events locations
Except for that one location and time, there is no cost to travel to a special event location, nor is there any cost to return to a normal location after a special event is over.
If you travel to a normal location from a special events location during the event, you will pay the standard amount to travel to that location (assuming you have not already unlocked and paid the travel fee for that location).
|Dumfries and Galloway||Castle McIngverson||0||Count McIngverson has a very dark secret that no living soul is brave enough to speak out loud. Many of the servants have been found dead with two red dots on their necks...|
|Dumfries and Galloway||Castle McIngverson nightmare mode||1,200,000||BEWARE! Only for the daring agents. The ghosts inside Castle McIngerverson will steal your GBP, XP, and Ghost Plasma if you fail to catch them!|
|Borders||Castle McDoyle||80,000||Arthur McDoyle was rumoured to be a sorcerer. One day Castle McDoyle vanished from the face of the Earth and now can only be seen during special times.|
|Borders||The looticrous laboratory of Lord McDoyle||Is reached only via a dangerous trapdoor from Castle McDoyle.|
|Strathclyde||Castle McMahon||1,500,000||Castle McMahon is famous for its paintings that hang in the gallery. However, they are protected by an army of skeletons, which can only lead to one conclusion: The art of necromancy is practised in that unholy place.|
|Lothian||McWallace winter residence||6,500,000|| When the portals open and strange castles manifest, there is one castle from the cold East which the McWallace clan uses as its winter residence. The McWallaces have a long friendship with some Eastern ghosts, some of them which will pay a visit to Scotland during these special times.|
The first time you travel to McWallace winter residence you must pay the 50,000 £ travel fee.
|Fife||McDuff lighthouse||25,000,000||On the east coast of Fife is the McDuff lighthouse. The big lamp has been inactive for years, but suddenly it emits a beacon of light. What could be the reason behind this?|
|Tayside||Castle McDoyle nightmare mode||150,000,000|
|Raiding location||Cu Sith Carnival||2,000||When the time is ripe, a dark carnival materializes with the Cu Sith as its mascot. If that does not scare you, then enjoy the horror show and pray that you will survive it!|
|Dumfries and Galloway||Winter wonderland||0||The Winter wonderland is a special event location available only during late December and early January each year, beginning with celebration week 3.|
|Dumfries and Galloway||North Pole||0|| The north pole is a celebration week spider den location available via a trapdoor in the winter wonderland, and only accessible during late December and early January each year, during a celebration week.
All non-raiding HW locations
All non-raiding, non-spider den HW locations
All Celebration week locations
All non-raiding special event locations
- Castle McIngverson
- Castle McIngverson nightmare mode
- Castle McDoyle
- The looticrous laboratory of Lord McDoyle
- Castle McMahon
- McWallace winter residence
- McDuff lighthouse
- Egsby Castle
- Boiler room (reached via trapdoor)
- Castle McDoyle nightmare mode
- Winter wonderland (for Celebration weeks only)
- North Pole (for Celebration weeks only)
- 29 October 2009: The third special event location, Castle McMahon, first appeared. The occasion was Haunted Week III, and the first agents of S.C.O.T.C.H. were able to visit it 29 October – 5 November 2009.
- 29 October 2009: The fourth special event location, a raiding location, first appeared. The occasion was Haunted Week III, and the first agents of S.C.O.T.C.H. were able to raid there 29 October – 5 November 2009.
- 7 November 2011: The seventh special event location, Winter wonderland, was announced.
- 10 October 2016: Castle McDoyle nightmare mode was announced as the next special event location.
You might also be interested in looking at: