Most ghosts love magic potions. Therefore, a magic potion makes a great bait for your trap.
For those ghosts who prefer their drinks mixed, you will be able to mix your magic potion supplies with mixers to create mocktails once you've reached Region 2 Borders in the game and acquired the appropriate recipes and mixers.
Purchased magic potions
Note that all brands of purchased magic potions (except Nessy's Golden Reserve) refund at their purchase price.
|Magic potion||Name||Attraction level||Cost||Description||Bonus|
|Silver star green||Very low||£10||This popular magic potion is a solid base for attracting the most common ghosts. However, more rare ghosts prefer more magical stuff. Recommended if you want to avoid stronger ghosts.|
|Moonshadow green||Low||£50||This magic potion is a good start for daring hunters who venture into the more scary locations since it might attract some stronger ghosts.|
|Moormist green||Moderate||£75||This potent magic potion attracts the rarer ghosts of Scotland. An excellent choice for experienced hunters.|
|Glengreen green||Reasonable||£100||Glengreen is a very strong magic potion that will attract almost all ghosts. Truely for veterans and those who are not easily scared!|
|Whisperwind green||Reasonable||£200||This magic potion was developed by a femme fatale. So it consists of many tears, broken hearts and many sorrows. Exactly the stuff that some ghosts find attractive!|
|Nessy's Golden Reserve||Very High||Donations / Market value*||Rumoured to use the magical waters of Loch Ness, this legendary magic potion will attract all ghosts of Scotland, even prize ghosts, ghost monsters and some ghosts that are only attracted to "Nessy's"! The power of that potion is so strong that neither ghosts will steal it nor does it fail to attract a ghost. Simply liquid magic!|
- * Nessy's Golden Reserve is available to those who donate to the game, receive it as ghost loot or via trade with other players on the official Ghost Trappers forums.
Acquiring magic potions
Other magic potions can be received as ghost loot or can be traded for. There are currently two ways that magic potions can be traded in the game:
- Tradepost: If you want to buy or sell Magic potions, you can do so securely and anonymously through the Tradepost on the 9th floor of S.C.O.T.C.H. HQ.
- In-game trading system: You can post in one of the community groups or use the GT forum to post offers to buy or sell magic potions. You then set up a trade directly with another player once you have agreed on the details of the exchange.
Choosing magic potions
Some magic potions can attract rarer ghosts, some improve the power of your trap, and others give you special bonuses.
The fact that one magic potion is more expensive than another just means that it is different and has more exotic properties. It isn't necessarily stronger — or better for you to use!
Most of the magic potions available in the game are subject to the Angels' Share — the amount of magic potions which evaporates through the wood of the barrel. Good magic potions can be enjoyed by men and angels alike.
- 9 December 2009:
- The attraction level of Moonshadow green was dropped from moderate to low.
- The attraction level of Moormist green was dropped from reasonable to moderate.
- The attraction level of Glengreen green was dropped from high to reasonable.
- The attraction level of Whisperwind green was dropped from high to reasonable.
- 23 May 2016: Magic attunement was added to Nessy's Golden Reserve.
- 23 May 2016: Magic ritual was added to Nessy's Golden Reserve.
- 23 May 2016: uv light, iy light, gg light were removed from Nessy's Golden Reserve
- 9 December 2009:
You might also be interested in looking at: