The lucky box is a type of loot ... loot that contains other loot ... different kinds of loot.
The loot that you receive when you open a lucky box is determined on-the-fly at the time you open the box. It is not pre-determined.
Lucky dice stat
The lucky dice stat in your setup can increase the chance that you will receive one of the rarer, more unique types of loot when you open a lucky box.
You must have the lucky dice in your setup before you open the lucky box.
Special edition magic potions
Complete contents list, unsorted
You can only receive a lucky box if it is dropped for you as loot by one of the following ghosts, aliens, or ufos:
Some companions and certain contracts come pre-equipped with a lucky box loothunter:
|Item||Type||Power type if relevant|| Lucky box |
|Candy dragon whelp||Companion||1|
|Nightmare dragon whelp||Companion||2|
|Skycaptain dragon whelp||Companion||2|
Special mission rewards
You can occasionally receive one or more lucky boxes as part of the reward for completing a special mission.
Each time you click on "Open", one lucky box will open. You can save additional lucky boxes to open whenever you want.
Note: If you are using the Firefox browser, some players have reported losing lucky boxes when using the "Go back to special items" link after opening a lucky box. To be safest, get back to your lucky boxes by going to Inventory Special items.
- 14 October 2013: The lucky box was first mentioned to agents in the announcements for Haunted week 11.
- 28 October 2013: The first lucky boxes were dropped as HW 11 began.
- 18 November 2013: The conceited temptress ghost (and most other temptress ghosts) began to drop the lucky boxes in normal locations.
- 19 January 2015: The contents of the lucky boxes have been changed and updated.
- 14 October 2015: Add enigma box as possible loot.
- 15 February 2017: The lucky box added blue stardust as another possible type of contents.
You might also be interested in looking at: