Haunted week 13
It's a Haunted week!
According to the poster and flyer announcing the event, HW 13 would start 15 October 2014 and run through 5 November 2013.
In actuality, HW 11 started on 14 October 2014.
Most of the special event locations:
What's new ?
Will there be loot ?
Of course there will be loot! Some of it will be familiar (even laughably familiar!) like pumpkin candles molding halves ... but we haven't had an HW yet where there wasn't some new loot!
We know that there will be, at a minimum:
Some souvenirs are only available during haunted weeks:
- Wing collection
- Wing collection II
- Kiss collection II
- Mini-plasma collection
- Postcard collection
- Tombstone collection
- Fish collection
- Spirit collection
- Trading card collection VI
- Board game collection
- from the special event collection, the killer knife and the bomb (both available in special event and regular locations on specific days)
All the familiar ghosts from previous HWs will be back. New ghosts introduced for HW13 are:
The best information we can give you about how to catch these special ghosts is the following:
- The rainbow ghost and the magic rainbow ghost are released in batches, usually of 100–200 rainbows at a time. Once they are released, its really the luck of the random number generator that affects your chance to catch (and yes, we know some people seem to have much more luck than others at catching rainbows ... I also know I'm not one of them!)
- Andi Huller always announces the release of a batch of rainbows on his FB wall.
- Chat and all of the support groups generally also announce the release of the rainbows as soon as they know about it.
- You can check to see if a rainbow release is going on by checking the total number of rainbow ghosts or magic rainbow ghosts caught in your ghost photo albums, and then checking it a second time a minute or two later. (Note: It helps to know what the count of rainbows was when you logged off the last time!) If there's no change, there's probably no rainbow release happening currently. If it changes but the total caught is not a round-ish number (xx00, xx50, xx75 etc) then there's probably an active release going on. It can take up to an hour or so for all the rainbows in a batch to be caught.
- Save your power hunts for a rainbow release time ... once you know they're out and active, use those power hunts to hunt as many times as possible as quickly as possible.
- Bait does not matter.
While some loot during special events can be acquired in all of the special event locations, some items are location-specific. We've tried to list as many of those here as possible, to help you plan where to spend your time: