Ghost plasma is a type of ghost loot that can be used for a variety of purposes:
Ghost plasma can be used to:
Ghost plasma can also be used:
- to help purchase certain trap mechanisms, magic circles and mocktail recipes in Region 4 Lothian and Region 5 Fife; or
- as partial payment for certain accessories or other items from Bayoushi's shop; or
- to buy mocktails, contract documents, companions, and Jurassic plasma in Lady Ayumi Bayoushi's shop.
Ghost monster hunting
Ghost plasma loot hunter is one of the augmentations that can be given to level-5 companions. When a drop contains ghost plasma and a companion with this augmentation is armed, an additional piece of ghost plasma is dropped.
Ghost plasma loothunters are also available from contracts.
Loot hunter bonus
Some completed collections can further increase the number of items your loot hunters drop. The special event collection increases the number of each ghost plasma loot hunter's drop by 2. (In other words, a companion with a ghost plasma loot hunter on it that normally adds 1 additional ghost plasma to each plasma drop will add a total of 3 ghost plasma to each drop when you also have the special event collection completed.
Hidden treasures is a vulnerability bonus that an agent sometimes receives when trapping certain ghosts with specific trap mechanism types. You can gain a special bonus by using a mechanism of that type to catch such a ghost. Ghost plasma can be that special bonus.
Locations and ghosts
The list of ghosts that drop ghost plasma has gotten so long it's been moved to its own ghost plasma loot drops page.
When you assist a friend by clicking on their ghost monster, you have a chance to receive the ghost plasma as assist loot.
You cannot sell, trade or give ghost plasma away.
All suggestions that ghost plasma should be tradeable have been met with a very firm, "No." It's not going to happen.
- 7 June 2009: The first pieces of ghost plasma were dropped in Virtual Scotland.
- 13 March 2010: Ghost plasma became a type of currency, with pieces of plasma being required to purchase trap mechanisms (Damocles array and Max E. Million), a magic circle (Bottled fireflies), and a mocktail recipe (Nightcap).
You might also be interested in looking at: