Dr Fürchtegott Nussbaum
|Dr Fürchtegott Nussbaum|
|High tech contract|
|Mystic power bonus:||−30|
|Cooldown change:||−2 min|
|Burner effect:||+1 bottle|
Sometimes, very dubious characters offer their services to S.C.O.T.C.H. Although their morality is questionable, they produce results without a shadow of a doubt.
Efficiency (bait usage)
The Dr Fürchtegott Nussbaum contract is a burner that uses one additional bottle of bait for each hunt.
You can combine the Dr Fürchtegott Nussbaum contract with other burners or anti-burners to adjust the number of bottles you will use each hunt.
Burner use and strategy
Dealing with the burner aspect of the Dr Fürchtegott Nussbaum contract is a perfect example of the kinds of choices and trade-offs you must make throughout Virtual Scotland.
There is no correct answer — there is simply the choice that benefits your current goals the most (or the choice that minimizes the amount of pain you feel watching bait disappear). It's all a matter of taste and your current goals.
Many people prefer to use cheaper bait with the Dr Fürchtegott Nussbaum contract. They tend to see burner components as an occasional necessary evil.
Others will use Nessy's Golden Reserve or mocktails with the Dr Fürchtegott Nussbaum contract in their setup, because they are trying to capture a ghost that requires more raw power, more mystic power, or more something to catch than is otherwise available. Again, this is purely a matter of taste.
Only you know what is most important to you in Ghost Trappers right now, and that is probably the most important factor to consider to help you determine the best strategy for your own use of the Dr Fürchtegott Nussbaum contract.
The Dr Fürchtegott Nussbaum contract gives you the following bonuses for your trap setup:
In addition, the Dr Fürchtegott Nussbaum contract causes your setup to use one additional bottle or glass of bait on each hunt.
(Dr Fürchtegott Nussbaum turns your trap mechanism into a burner).
The Dr Fürchtegott Nussbaum contract works only with high tech mechanisms.
The Dr Fürchtegott Nussbaum contract can be used to modify these mechanisms:
Negotiating the contract
To negotiate the Dr Fürchtegott Nussbaum contract, you must collect the following documents:
Ghosts and locations
The Dr Fürchtegott Nussbaum contract documents are occasionally dropped as ghost loot by the following ghosts:
A note on the special character ü
The second character in Fürchtegott comes from the German alphabet. It represents the umlauted form of u, which can also be replaced with the two-letter combination "ue". If you do not have the ü on your keyboard you can write Fürchtegott as Fuerchtegott.
To enter the correct character:
- If you already have the symbol on your keyboard, use it
- On a Windows system (if your keyboard has a separate numeric keypad): hold down the ALT key and type 0252
- On a Macintosh system the code is Option - u
- If you don't have a numeric keypad you can highlight the character and paste it in.
- 27 October 2009: Andi Huller gave a sneak peak of the Dr Fürchtegott Nussbaum contract in a status message.
- 6 November 2009: The Dr Fürchtegott Nussbaum contract was officially released with +3 Raw Power, -30 Mystic Power, -3 minute T/SC and +1 additional bait.
- 7 November 2009: The statistics of the Dr Fürchtegott Nussbaum contract were bumped: first to +4 and then to +5 raw power. The cooldown change was reduced from -3 minutes to -2 minutes.
You might also be interested in looking at: