Acquiring a companion
You can currently acquire a ghost companion by one or more of the following methods:
Seventeen companions can be created using the incubator provided to all agents of S.C.O.T.C.H.. A companion you create may turn out to be a "normal" companion, a "special" companion, or a "very special" companion. (Eight companion species may incubate either a normal or a special companion; one species only produces a "very special" companion.
To learn how to create a companion using your incubator, see our detailed instructions for creating a companion for how-to information. That page also warns you about the perils of incubating ghost plasma and explains how using Nessy's Golden Reserve as a catalyst during the Incubation period works.
Some companions can be received as thank-yous, given to agents making a donation to help support Ghost Trappers and its future development.
You may acquire more than one of each companion species awarded as a thank-you, but only one companion of each species will be active.
You may request one of the Moderators to transfer a duplicate thank-you companion you have received to another player. Be warned: if you do this, you will lose any XP your initial companion of that species has gained.
The following companions can currently be received as a thank-you for donating:
Currently, you can trade for companions as follows:
- Receive the twilight dragon whelp by trading in 5 ghost hamsters;
- Receive the icy dragon whelp by trading in 5 ghost hamsters;
- Receive the emerald dragon whelp by trading in 5 ghost hamsters;
- Receive the fire dragon whelp by trading in 5 ghost hamsters;
- Receive a ghost hamster by trading in 1 ghost doe; or
- Receive a ghost doe by trading in 1 ghost pony.
Some companions can be received as a daily reward. You can acquire these by clicking for them until you accumulate enough clicks to receive them as a reward.
If you receive a companion that you already own, it will be added to your Inventory. Some companions can be traded in for other companions at Bayushi's shop on the 9th floor of S.C.O.T.C.H. HQ. Companions that are dropped as loot or that are incubated can not be traded at this time.
- 9 September 2009: The Ghost hamster companion became available as a reward for recruiting 75 new players to Ghost Trappers.
- 23 October 2009: The Ghost seal companion was introduced as a reward for recruiting 25 new players to Ghost Trappers
- 26 November 2009: Recruitment rewards were discontinued due to Facebook regulation.
- 22 December 2009: Ghost puzzlers rewards are changed to discontinue the Ghost loris and add the Mini robot companion.
- 10 January 2010: Daily rewards are introduced, including 2 companions, the Ghost fox and the Ghost owl.
- 30 March 2010: Lady Ayumi Bayoushi's shop is opened with the introduction of the 9th Floor.
- 28 October 2013: Lucky boxes were first dropped into the game, adding 2 new loot companions, the Ghost meerkat and Ghost panda.
You might also be interested in looking at: